NACLICS is the newest regional chapter of GLOBELICS.
Today, Globelics is an active network and engine for knowledge creation and exchange in the field of innovation and development. Globelics members have created regional chapters – AFRICALICS, ASIALICS, CICLALICS, EUROLICS, INDIALICS, LALICS and MEDALICS – to facilitate interactions between the scholars within their regions.
The creation of a North American and Caribbean chapter (NACLICS) provides a new opportunity for regional activities for English-speaking scholars from North America and the Caribbean region. The Globelics Board approved our affiliation in November, 2021.
Amongst other objectives, NACLICS will:
- have the dual focus of bringing together NACLICS scholars who work on the challenges related to capacity building, innovation and development (i) within and across developing countries; (ii) within or across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean regions.
- like other regional LICS, engage with doctoral students as well as junior and senior scholars interested in capacity building, innovation and development studies and projects.
- promote Globelics events and publications within the region.
- organize conferences, workshops, panels, and other activities that contribute to building the capacity of innovation and development studies within the region.
The advantages of participating in NACLICS include:
- connecting doctoral students, junior scholars and senior scholars within the region with each other and as well as with international scholars outside the region who conduct research on the core Globelics disciplines and areas.
- jointly applying for research funds from these regions on common projects especially those that link developed and developing economies (for example by the International Development Research Centre in Canada).
- jointly publishing in the peer-reviewed journals and organizing calls for special issues in journals like Innovation and Development, the International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development.
- hosting and/or co-supervising PhD students at NACLICS members’ educational institutions.
- jointly implementing conferences, workshops, panels, and other activities that contribute to build capacity of innovation and development studies within the region.